Re: install udpxy.1.0.23

On 27/11/2015, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 09:42:51PM +0800, Alex Vong wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Nexttime please send mail to <debian-user@lists.debian.org> instead of
>> <debian-mentor@lists.debian.org> since the later list is mostly for
>> junior maintainers instead of users.
>
> Ummm, whenever anyone has a question about packaging and they ask on the
> debian-user list, they invariably get sent to the debian-mentor list
> eventually because that's where the expertise is.
>
> Is that wrong?

I think it depends on the difficulty of the question. If it is a
user-level question, ask debian-user. If it is something a normal user
doesn't know, ask debian-mentors. If it is even harder, ask
debian-devel. I think installing from source is sort of a user
question, so debian-user is probably more appropriate.