Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 08:08:45 -0800
Subject: Sound-Card Chain of Command?

Hi All: Especially since I am totally blind, I am only in a console setup, mostly Debian Testing. I have 4 sound-cards, one of which is a high-end, supporting equalization. These seem to let me play multiple streams at once. Problem is if we run speech-dispatcher to run a graphical screen-reader, I cannot rip audio in ice weasel xvfb, but I can still play. What I would essentially like to do is have either speech-dispatcher or the recording function find a next available empty sound-card. This would certainly provide lots more flexabillity. Thanks so much in advance
Hart