Re: Sid Unstable Upgrade: 111MB space to be freed but NO removed packages?

On 11/22/15, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2015-11-22 08:45 -0500, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
>

>> **111 MB disk space will be freed.**
>
> This seems to be solely due to the size of g++-5 having shrunk a lot,
> because cc1plus is now stripped.  Since the changelog does not mention
> that, it is likely unintentional, but nothing for you to worry about.
>
> See https://bugs.debian.org/783876 on the topic of huge gcc-5 packages.

Hi, Sven.. I never seem to "think" these things all the way through.
First thing I did (after emailing that observation) was immediately
narrow it down to being the whole cpp-5 / gcc-5 package family that
upgrades together.

Secondly, it dawned on me I should have disclaimed that MAYBE
something had that much bloat, but I still couldn't imagine something
really did. *grin*

That's AMAZING that Debian Users will gain that much more breathing
room. Congrats to those who created that extra space.. *WOW, thank
you!*

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey