Sid Unstable Upgrade: 111MB space to be freed but NO removed packages?

Hi, Everyone!

Just sending out a feeler as a heads up for anyone who whips through
upgrades without noting the package manager's "fine print". This is
what I'm looking at this morning:

+++
  libisl15
  cpp-5 g++-5 gcc-5 gcc-5-base libalgorithm-c3-perl libalgorithm-diff-xs-perl
  libalgorithm-merge-perl libasan2 libatomic1 libcc1-0 libcilkrts5
  libfreetype6 libgcc-5-dev libgcc1 libgfortran3 libgomp1 libitm1 liblsan0
  libmpx0 libpango-perl libpcre16-3 libpcre3 libquadmath0 libssh-gcrypt-4
  libstdc++-5-dev libstdc++6 libtsan0 libubsan0 lp-solve php-codecoverage
30 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
Need to get 74.6 MB/75.1 MB of archives.
After this operation, 111 MB disk space will be freed.
+++

**111 MB disk space will be freed.**

That is a LOT of space getting ready to be freed up if NOTHING is
being auto/removed by apt-get. I do have a growing list of packages
that are suggested for removal but apt's not being asked to do so nor
is apt removing them on its own at this time. My hesitation in
removing them is because I'm not sure those packages are truly
obsolete on my current setup.

What I'll be doing is.... back things up then let apt-get have its
head to see what happens. Again, this is just being put out there as a
heads up because that's an ALARMING amount of space going to be freed
up when the number is more often something like 10 to maybe 100 *KB*
max...

Am headed outside to do chores so I won't be around for a while in the
event anyone has insight into that sizable number there.. :)

Happy Sunday!

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey