Re: Debian seems unable to drive my (4) monitors

Mauro Condarelli composed on 2015-11-22 13:24 (UTC+0100):

> I have been able to make them *both* work (using custom xorg.conf), but not *at the same time* (under debian)

> The working setup (linixmint) does not appear to use any proprietary driver (i.e.: it uses nouveau for NVidia).

> I attach here full lspci and lsmod output (of *working* setup; i.e. LM) in case they give some hint.

I only found your lsmod output.

Useful hints are most often found in Xorg.0.log, which for some people at
least, is better seen in a "pastebin"[1] than an email attachment.

Also, what brand and model is your motherboard? FWIW, most motherboards
disable the onboard video when PCIe slot(s) is/are populated by gfxcard, so
it's nice to know when someone finds one lacking this limitation. Knowing CPU
model might also be useful if the video is in the CPU rather than on a
separate chip on the board.

[1] e.g. http://paste.debian.net/ or your own personal web space

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/