Re: LVM info - OTHER than HOWTO's

2015/11/18 9:09 "Richard Owlett" <rowlett@cloud85.net>:

> In some of my reading I came across a page recommending LVM for ease of adjusting space.

Yeah. I'm not using it now, but it did come in handy when I was still getting a feeling for partitioning.

> When searching for more information all I'm finding are essentially HOWTO's with only a couple of paragraphs on "Whats" and "Whys". Essentially nothing on "Why not".

Reasons not to use it range from laziness to not needing it after all (right now) to wanting to use incompatible software. My impression is that the incompatible software usually tells you somewhere it's not compatible.

> No information on dual boot.

That's fairly straightforward.

> Suggestions?

man -k lvm   ?