Re: sudo does not respond to settings in /etc/sudoers

On 11/14/2015 09:36 AM, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
El 14/11/15 a las 02:11, Ken Heard escribió:

In my Wheezy box I want to be able to run any root command as my user
without having to enter a password to do so.  I assume that there are
two ways to do so: either make my user a member of the sudo group, or
add a line to sudoers giving such privileges to my user.  Neither worked.

You have to add the "NOPASSWD" option. Check the "sudoers" man page.

Add your user to the sudo group like this in /etc/group :
sudo:x:27:ric
...using your own user name. Then it will work, if you added your user to /ect/sudoers like:
# User privilege specification
root	ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
ric	ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

...works for me(tm)  :)Ric