sudo does not respond to settings in /etc/sudoers

In my Wheezy box I want to be able to run any root command as my user
without having to enter a password to do so.  I assume that there are
two ways to do so: either make my user a member of the sudo group, or
add a line to sudoers giving such privileges to my user.  Neither worked.

My sudoers file reads as follows:

#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# Please consider adding local content in /etc/sudoers.d/ instead of
# directly modifying this file.
#
# See the man page for details on how to write a sudoers file.
#
Defaults	env_reset
Defaults	mail_badpass
Defaults
secure_path="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"

# Host alias specification

# User alias specification

# Cmnd alias specification

# User privilege specification
root	ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
# ken	ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
# martin	All=(ALL:ALL) ALL
# Allow members of group sudo to execute any command
%sudo	ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

# See sudoers(5) for more information on "#include" directives:

#includedir /etc/sudoers.d

I first entered the line under "user privilege specification"
beginning with "ken" -- without the "#" of course -- it did not work.
 Next I commented out that line and added to the sudo group "ken" my
user.  That did not work either.

The command "visudo -c" returns the following:

/etc/sudoers: parsed OK
/etc/sudoers.d/README: parsed OK
/etc/sudoers.d/tde-secure-path: parsed OK

Strangely enough I have the same sudoers file in another computer
using Jessie.  On that computer both the options I tried for the
wheezy computer worked.

Is this a bug for the Wheezy computer, or is there something I did not
do or did wrong to prevent me from achieving the result I desired?

Regards, Ken