Re: Xorg reconfigure on keyboard/VGA screen connect with systemd?

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 18:49:00 +1300, martin f krafft wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can I use systemd to automatically run scripts as the owner of an
> X session when a USB keyboard or a VGA screen are connected to the
> local machine? Or what other mechanism would you use?

It should be easy enough to write an X client listening for DeviceNotify
(for new input devices) or ConfigureNotify (for output changes) on the
root window.  gnome-settings-daemon has a "hotplug-command" under
org.gnome.settings-daemon.peripherals.input-devices in its settings that
can do the former at least.

Cheers,
Julien