Re: An UML editor for Linux

On 09.11.2015 10:40, Johann Spies wrote:

— could you please recommend me some decent UML editor for Linux?

Dia is decent enough. I have used it in the past.

Recently (through the results of postgresql_autodoc) I started using Graphviz which produces much beter results than what I can achieve with an UML-editor.

Learn the dot-language (part of graphviz).  It is not that complicated.

Regards
Johann
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)

**Dia**

Yes Dia seems promising (at first glance). But I have there some little but annoying troubles from the start.
For example, I can not resize elements at all, though they have proper markers.
Word wrapping in the graphical elements (for example in class nodes) doesn't work for me (or I am just too stupid to figure out how to turn it on), so boxes with long names looks pretty ugly in result.

**Graphviz**

Well, actually I've used graphviz and dot previously (though it's been a while). But before you've mentioned it I had no thought to do with it something UMLish.
Now I see that it is a really good idea. I should try it. Thanks!

Piyavkin