Re: Regarding AP mode

On 11/03/2015 05:59 PM, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
> Can anyone tell the drivers compatible with Broadcom 43142 supporting
> AP mode?
>
> The hardware supports AP mode (tested).
> I am desperately in need of AP on my machine.
>
> Debian Jessie 8.2 system with Gnome 3, Dell Inspiron 3543

  Over the past few weeks, I too had felt the need to have my machine
  serve up a wireless hotspot.

  Unless I am horribly mistaken, the GNOME frontend to NetworkManager as
  offered in Debian 8 only supports WEP from the GUI.  This is also the
  case with  nm-applet.  But, the KDE frontend to NetworkManager, i.e.,
  plasma-nm _does_ offer a way using the GUI to create a WPA hotspot.

  I bit the bullet, installed just plasma-nm, set up the hotspot, and
  then got rid of  plasma-nm and its dependencies.

  Hope this helps somewhat.

--
Udyant Wig

p.s. The GNOME version of Fedora, now termed Workstation, can create a
hotspot.