Re: Suitable USB WiFi Adapter

On 10/29/2015 11:21 AM, Doug wrote:
I don't know why you'd spend anything extra for USB3--your old Dell doesn't support that, and if you get a new laptop, the wifi will be built-in and working. The little $6 adapter that I mentioned earlier worked fine with PCLinuxOS for the short distance that it worked over. It "just worked."
I didn't specifically look for USB 3.0 for the reason you mentioned. But the other modes, etc. will be useful.

I have a tiny, inexpensive USB adapter that has fairly poor range and does not work in some places where I attend meetings, etc. even though it works fine in others.

Tim