Re: Recommendations for interactive use shell

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Mario Castelán Castro
<marioxcc.MT@yandex.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> For interactive use, I have only seriously used Bash and Fish
> <http://fishshell.com/>.
>
> I would like to try more shells which have features useful for interactive
> use.

I highly recommend zsh. It has superb auto completion facilities. In
particular, I like the following features in it.

1) When doing tab completion, zsh can list files in the order they
were created/modified. Currently this is not possible in bash.
2) Unlike tcsh, zsh shell scripting supports functions, which I
extensively use. FWIW bash supports functions as well.
3) The tab completion entries are cleared after successful tab completion.
4) Ability to remove old duplicates from the history file.

My wiki page http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Why_notes#Why_zsh contains
more details on this. But since wiki pages can change/evolve over
time, I am summarizing the contents here.

hope that helps
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog