Re: Backup solutions without reinventig the wheel these days

Jonathan Dowland [2015-10-27 10:53:25Z] wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 09:10:54PM +0300, Teemu Likonen wrote:
>> I suggest "rsync --link-dest" too. Symbolic links are a nice way to
>> store the previous (and currently newest) backup destination
>> directory. So maybe like this in the backup destination machine:
>
> --link-dest doesn't create symbolic links, it uses hard links.

I know. In my message I explained how we, script-writers, can use
symbolic links to maintain pointer to the newest backup directory made
by "rsync --link-dest". That's how the next backup (rsync invocation)
can find its --link-dest target, for example.