Re: System craches when browsing a web site

On Oct 26, 2015, at 7:43 PM, Mario Castelán Castro <marioxcc.MT@yandex.com> wrote:

>> I hear that Google's Chromium works or Opera, to name a couple biggies.
>
> Both of them are non-free

Good point, well taken. But OP doesn't like Mozilla for some reason. Chromium is at least free as in beer; and last I heard, so was Opera. Privoxy'll do a good job for any of them getting rid of the popups and stuff.

I guess he could go the KDE route. I think that's free in both senses, and their browser is reliable. There are most likely others as well, but I was trying to point the poor guy toward something that works. On Debian (stable, at least), there's no excuse for significantly broken software. (It turns up from time to time, but there's no excuse for it :-)

--
Glenn English