Installer partitioning problem (was: System Dorked -- Help! (Interim solution!))

In article <qnsAW-2Wk-15@gated-at.bofh.it> Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> The worst part of that is that the partitioner will not accept a 1
> gigabyte partition, which is a great plenty, so I was forced to use 5%
> of the disk as a boot partition.

I don't understand why you can't. I can create (and did) partitions of
200 MB size. I use the text based installer and manual partitioning.

Supposing your variant of installer can't, then why don't you boot a
live CD/stick and partition the hard drive before any booting the
installer and then you should be able to tell the installer to just
use the partitions without any repartitioning.

HTH.

--
MartinS