Re: How to Rezize Partition on LVM

El 25/10/15 a las 13:03, ray escribió:
Now that the /home logical volume has been reduced, I would like to add a partition in the remaining space or reduce the LV's size to fee the unused space and create a new logical volume. Since the existing LV totally occupies the SSD, I don't see how to do this.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to complete this.

It seems like confusing LV with PV. An *LVM group* presents itself to the block devices that contains it as a *physical volume* (PV), in turn, LVM provides *logical volumes* (LV) over which you may place filesystems. Don't confuse those 3 concepts. If you want to make a partition outside LVM, you would have to reduce the LVM physical volume, not the LVM logical volume (which you already did).

If you already reduced the filesystem and the logical volume, then there is free space within your LVM volume group; there may be no "free space in the SSD" (space not assigned to any partition or the MBR), but that is how it is supposed to be. The reason to use LVM is to put filesystems in logical volumes within your volume group to get the benefits of logical volume management, not as partitions outside your volume group, because you lose those benefits.

You can create logical volumes with "lvcreate". Read the manual!

  man lvm