Re: systemd gpsd does not start on boot

On 10/23/2015 05:33 PM, Philippe Clérié wrote:
I'm running raspbian jessy on a rpi2 with an Adafruit GPS board. Gpsd
refuses to load on boot, but works just fine on manual start.

I am not yet familiar with systemd. Even if I've had to dig a bit to try
to understand how it works I'm still stumped at the moment, so I don't
know if there's a bug or I am doing something wrong.

There are 3 systemd units related to gpsd in /lib/systemd/system.

gpsd.service
gpsd.socket
gpsdctl@.service

My (weak) understanding is that systemd will start .socket which in turn
will launch .service. That does not seem to be happening.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

For what it's worth:

Edit /lib/systemd/system/gpsd.service:

[Install]
+ WantedBy=multi-user.target
Also=gpsd.socket

Then:

sudo systemctl enable gpsd.service
sudo reboot

And gpsd gets loaded.

I don't know if it is the correct fix but that seems to work.

--
Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense it that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>