Re: QEMU

El 24/10/15 a las 10:13, Andrew Wood escribió:
Can someone please help me configure QEMU on Jessie as the instructions
on the Wiki seem to not apply. The qemu command does not exist in
/usr/bin there are dozens of platform specific ones like /usr/bin/qemu-i386
  but these dont seem to accept the same args.

To launch QEMU, I use "qemu-system-x86_64 --enable-kvm [...]" (But I use QEMU compiled from the upstream source package, so it may be different with Debian 8 version). If you use a modern x86 computer, it will very likely have support for virtualization; you should enable it with the flag "--enable-kvm" for much better speed and efficiency. If you run QEMU and notice it's much slower, it's likely because you forgot to enable KVM.

In Debian 7, there is a separate KVM version of QEMU. In Debian 8, the functionality has been merged into a single QEMU version and there is a "qemu-kvm" package which is a wrapper that runs QEMU with KVM enabled.

Also why has qemu-launcher been removed from Jessie but it was in Wheezy
and its in testing?

I have never used it. Apparently it is not a part of QEMU but an external graphical front end,