Re: Debian 8.2 RAID conf. problem

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 05:46:55PM +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

On 21/10/15 17:35, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:

El 21/10/15 a las 11:11, erdal daghan escribió:

[cut]

El 21/10/15 a las 11:11, erdal daghan escribió:

Please help me.. I have two ssd disks(240gb). I want to make RAID1 configuration.

You probably refer to ordinary solid state drives which are NOT disks.

This raises a question in my mind: Should SSDs be used in RAID arrays?

I don't see a problem with it. RAID is a method to overcome the deficiencies of inexpensive disks. With traditional disks, one of those major deficiencies is access time, so spreading your data across multiple disks may improve access time by allowing you to read from a different disk, rather than waiting for a single slow disk.

SSD has good access time, but it deficiencies are size and possibly bulk throughput. In terms of size, RAID0 will allow you to combine several small SSDs into a single large logical drive. RAID0 would also allow for faster throughput than might be achievable with a single disk.