Reporting Bug

There appears to be a bug which has Plagued me for years. Oddly I don't have the bug in Linux Mint. Did they edit this part of the installer?

My name contains an apostrophe, which causes the Debian installer to not create my user account. Long time ago when I tried to seek help via IRC was told I must have done something wrong. Two days ago I confirmed through multiple installs that the apostrophe is the culprit.

This is the only attempt I will make at filing a bug report. Anyone more familiar with filing a bug report, it would be greatly appreciated if you would make sure it gets filed properly so it may be resolved. https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting is an ugly wall of text which immediately discouraged me from wanting to file a bug report anymore.

Thanks.