Re: alsa troubles

On 10/19/2015 04:04 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:

I almost hardly dare say it, it is barely better than saying s*****d, but when
I have a problem with sound, I install Pulse Audio, install pavucontrol, and
have a look at what it says.

I hear something! It's not very loud, and it's from the wrong jack, but there's a very quiet piano there. I turned on AC3 and MPEG in pavucontrol.

I'd sure like to know what I'm doing wrong, but I suspect that trial and error will eventually get it done.

Thanks very much, all of you, for your help. I'm told that PulseAudio is spawn of Satan, but it *is* working, at least a little bit.

--
Glenn English