Re: direct ethernet connection between computer and printer

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 10:58:00PM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Saturday 17 October 2015 19:38:02 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > Or do as me and configure your procmail to discard duplicates. Works
> > like a charm.
>
> No doubt due to my inability to configure KMail correctly it is a *****
> nuisance.  It delivers the private one and discards the one to the list.
> This is a confounded nuisance.  And contrary to Debian Mailing List CoC .  We
> are supposed to cc only if expressly requested to do so.

Yeah, but the silly thing is that the list is open; anyone can post to
it, but you only get a reply if you are subscribed.

It's been discussed before, and it seems the consensus is that the onus
is on the original poster to hunt down the replies via the archives or
via google. I honestly don't think many people would do that and more
likely think they are being ignored which means ditching Debian for
something else particularly if it was an installation problem.

Most of us tend to know the regulars on this list and know not to CC
them on replies but in the case of where you are not sure and the post
seems like it's comming from a newcomer it makes more sense to CC them.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X