Re: Starting systemd user services on boot on a Debian server [SOLVED]

On Sat 17 Oct 2015 at 13:29:48 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:

> We might also consider bumping the prio of libpam-systemd to standard,
> as Ansgar suggested. That means, it would be installed by default,
> unless you explicitly deselect the standard task in d-i.

Looking at the policy manual at

  https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html

we see

    standard

    These packages provide a reasonably small but not too limited
    *character-mode* system. This is what will be installed by
    default if the user doesn't select anything else. It doesn't
    include many large applications.

(The emphasis is mine).

Unless I am misunderstanding something, libpam-systemd has a focus on
non-character-mode systems.