Re: smartphone forum for the technically-oriented

On Fri, 2015-10-16 at 16:49 -0500, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
> So I need to see what is available by way of a smartphone, or perhaps
> tablet computer.  Is there anything small which can run Debian?

Even with something like Cyanogenmod, you're running a blob on the
modem. The modem is the biggest gotcha when it comes to surveillance by
something like the NSA. (I think security updates, crappy apps, malware
and similar are a bigger issue for most of us).

You'll want something with a clear separation of the modem and the rest
of the system. There's good information here:
http://www.replicant.us/freedom-privacy-security-issues.php

I would think the Replicant and the GTA04 community is the forum you're
looking for.

Oh, and I would love to be able to run Debian on a phone or tablet in
the future, but that seems like an uphill struggle.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson