Re: SOLVED - Re: fstab entry for a 3.6TB drive

Sharon Kimble composed on 2015-10-16 18:48 (UTC+0100):

> So the final solution, for the benefit of the archives, is -

> ╭────
> │/dev/sdb1       /mnt/backa      ext4    defaults,nofail,x-gvfs-show     0     2
> ╰────

> Thanks all who provided solutions, which helped me to achieve the final
> solution.

"defaults" is a placeholder for the options column in fstab, intended for
fstab entries for which no options for deviating from kernel defaults are
desired or required. Using it in addition to any other option(s) is
redundant. In the above case,

	defaults,nofail,x-gvfs-show

is equivalent to

	nofail,x-gvfs-show