Re: fstab entry for a 3.6TB drive

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 01:52:37PM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:

> I'm trying to mount a 3.6TB hard drive formatted and labelled with
> gparted, and I have twice managed to lock myself out of the computer
> until I removed the offending line in fstab.
>
> This is the fstab line that I'm going to try and use -

> LABEL=back-a           /back-a             ext4      defaults              1      1
>
> Will this work without locking me out again please?

It should but, to be safe, change the options to "defaults,nofail" (n.b.
no space after the comma). This basically tells the system that the
mount-point is optional and that a failure to mount is not critical to
the boot.

Also, does /back-a exist (mount won't create the mountpoint itself, so
your root filesystem should have a "back-a" directory entry)?

--
For more information, please reread.