Re: [OT] Has my e-mail account been hacked?

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:36:27 -0400 (EDT), Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> I tend to think passwords (except the very simplest or guessable ones)
> are not "discovered" but handed over.

1. My password is known only to me.  Even my wife doesn't know it.
2. My password is a random sequence of uppercase and lowercase letters.
   It is not a pronounceable word, and it is fairly long.
3. I use e-mail only from my home computer.
4. I use wired ethernet only
5. I never respond to the (almost daily) phishing attacks designed to
   coax my password out of me.
6. My wife and I are empty nesters.  There is no-one else at home.

In short, I have not "handed it over".

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :