Re: Unable to Install Stretch on Laptop, not Loading iwlwifi

On Tuesday 13 October 2015 15:07:29 ray wrote:
> > Why not just use
> >
> > http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmwa
> >re/
> >
> > as Sven suggested?
> >
> > Lisi
>
> I reported on that attempt yesterday - I obtained the same results as the
> free version.

Sorry, I can understand neither this nor the previous one to which you refer,
which I have only just seen.  (It must have been held up somewhere.)

This CD normally Just Works.

Can you describe what you do, including any checks you do and how you burn
your CD?

Another way I have used in the past to get past a troublesome WiFi card or
too-new Ethernet card, is to install an old Ethernet card temporarily to do
the installation, sort the drivers out once it is installed, then remove the
old card.

Lisi