Re: Putting apt-listchanges and dpkg output in mail sent by unattended-upgrades

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 19:43:00 +0200, Ondřej Grover <ondrej.grover@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Because I get such emails for more hosts and it's inconvenient to try to
> match up the changelogs with reports. I would also like to see the full log
> for needrestart output.
>
> As I asked in my original question, I'd like to know what the most
> "Debian-proper" way for editing such scripts is. If that is to roll my own
> package with a patch, I wonder what the recommended and most maintainable
> way is these days.
>
> Kind regards,
> Ondřej Grover

The most "Debian-proper" way? I'm not really sure- I would edit the script
myself and just keep that as the local version. The only problem is that newer
versions of the package would probably overwrite it- but they may offer a
'local version of config' menu like GRUB and libpolkit do. Try it. The worst
that could happen is that you'll have to make the appropriate edits again after
an upgrade- but you'll probably be fine if you keep a backup.

Rolling your own package seems a bit overkill for what you're trying to do.