Re: Please tipps for Desktop ( gnome, kde, xfce, etc. ) Debian 8 jessie and some minor issues

Hi Richard,
thanks for advice.

The system "Debian/GNU 8 ( jessie )" is installed on /dev/sdb
but we needed the windows on /dav/sda, however...
no the /dev/sda hd has been corrupt and has to be replaced.
So I think if I can install grub to the master boot sector of /dev/sdb,
computer hardware can handle different boot-devices...
can I install grub with
grub install /dev/sdab ?

I must have 17" because i need the NB on stage, i'm musician and
have to read sheets, some double sided and 15" is, maybe, to small..
other of my computers a desktop iMac and intel and a old mac powerbook
17", all of these with Debian jessie installed...

But I like to figure out some software, under Linux, for synthesizer and
the ability to connect the EWI via midi , usb soundcard
Native Instruments "Komplete Audio 6"
works fine under Linux and has phantom-power and midi also...
I like to use and have a sheet- seeing - option additional

best regards,
 Peter