Re: Please tipps for Desktop ( gnome, kde, xfce, etc. ) Debian 8 jessie and some minor issues

Peter Berlau wrote:
Hello,

Can You please help me?

i updated all of our computer to Debian 8 jessie

hardware
     1. 64 bit Intel ( noname ) 4 GB-RAM         .. o.k.
     2. apple powerbook ( 2004 ) 2 GB RAM    .. no sound
     3. apple iMac ( 2010 ) 8 GB RAM              ..  o.k.

i installed on all these 'xfce'  this runs ok
as I see, here in list, some problems are solved if switched to
gnome ?

If you don't like the "look and feel" of Gnome3 (many don't), I find Mate to be comfortable to use.

Other Probs i have

WIFI HP Officejet 7500   driver hp-officejet_7500_e910
prints fine, but i can not scan...   xscanimage shows " wrong
argument" I did not know what this mean or
what i should do...

Links and sub-links from https://www.google.com/search?q=Officejet+7500++scan+problem+site:debian.org may be useful.

in one of the computers i like to install grup to the second hd
/dev/sdb, because the /dev/sda is has errors and i like to
replace it, therefore i need to boot from the /dev/sdb2.

That is possible if your BIOS allows specifying the boot device.
During the install, you may have to chose the "expert installation" mode to have the option.

[snip Mac question]

i like to have a Notebook 17" for Debian/GNU two
must run windows ( Band in a Box and Sibelius ) but mostly ( >
95% ) run Debian/GNU Linux jessie
I am not familar with hardware
Budget is  € 820,- maximal...
need 17" because I need the nb on stage for Sheets ( some double
- pages )
I think about 'Lenevo'  or 'asus' what would You prefer?

I find my used Lenovo laptops (T43 and R61) reliable.

If one of your existing machines is suitable except for display size, have you considered a digital TV as a monitor. I just purchased a rather generic DTV and note even it has computer input options. I believe I've seen some advertising WiFi connectivity.

Thanks for Help,
best regards,
  Peter
p.s. sorry, my english is terrific... ;)

Your English is fine.

If you are more comfortable in German, some resources might be:
   https://www.google.com/search?q="linux+user+group"+Germany
   https://lists.debian.org/debian-user-german/