Re: trouble tracking down H264 codec for iceweasel

Recent versions of Iceweasel should have the OpenH264 decoder plugin available
in the plugin menu. Try purging it and re-installing it. Don't forget to get
rid of your local configs too. What versions of Iceweasel are you running?

I run stretch, and the decoder appeared in my plugins menu after I installed. I
believe both Stretch and Jessie have the same version of Iceweasel (38,
notwithstanding trivial version numbers).