Re: OpenVPN fails [SOLVED]

On 07/10/15 15:32, Reco wrote:

Update initrd after updating /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf.

I'm afraid that's beyond my expertise

update-initramfs -k all -u

It's all in the handbook, really. All it takes is to read it once.

https://debian-handbook.info/

Thanks for sticking with this.

You're welcome. A man needs to have his fun after a day of boring job,
after all :)

Reco

Well. that *was* fun (FSVO "fun").

Having repartitioned sda to match sdb, and rebuilt the raid,all looked good. Except, the system wouldn't boot, hence my absence from the list!

After several days fiddling with recovery disks, knoppix, etc without any succes, I finally threw in the towel, reformatted everything, and installed jessie. That wasn't a total waste of time, as it was on my todo list anyway; just not quite yet!

Ah well, I'm back up, with a working RAID1, and, of course openvpn is now happily working. That must be some degree of success.

Thank you, Reco for your help and advice; really appreciated.

Cheers, Tony

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |