Re: Machine freezes after kernel update

On 10/09/2015 06:09 PM, Brad Rogers wrote:

If that's true, that's a *serious* bug.  LILO (or Grub, come to that)
should never delete kernels.  I know Grub doesn't but, as I said before,
I've not used LILO for some years.  Even so, I'd be surprised if it could
actually _delete_ kernels like that.  Keeping an old, known to work
kernel is the sensible thing to do.

Well, what I gonna do is to test LILO behaviour with some other two machines, a newer one having 3.2.0-4-rt-686-pae kernel only, and the other one running 3.2.0-4-486 only. (But before that, I'll wait for a while to skip the last problematic update.)