Re: Subtitles don't show properly in VLC, how to fix it? (Debian 7)

On Sat, 2015-10-10 at 13:08 -0500, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
> Hello.
>
> When I try to watch a video with external .srt subtitles in VLC, I
> get
> strings like "98 --> 00:00:11" (which are strings part of the .stt
> file)
> instead of the proper text. The problem is the same whether I open
> the
> subtitles with the "Open (advanced)" menu option, or name both files
> the
> same (except for the extension) and use the "Video"->"Subtitles
> Track"
> menu to select the subtitles.
>
> How can I fix or work around this problem?.
>
> Thanks in advance.

It's probably a problem with the subtitle, something like this maybe?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26253116/vlc-cannot-display-the-subtitles-in-the-subripsrt-file

You could try another video player, like mpv.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson