Re: Video-UNfriendly browsers?

Tor adds overhead because it is another layer of encapsulation (on top of TCP/IP), it adds padding to messages (to improve confidentiality), and it needs to transmit extra data because of its cryptographic design (signatures, MAC, public keys). It doesn't seems like a good approach since the goal is to decrease transference (bandwidth).

In any case, Tor itself won't get rid of any videos; you may notice that effect when using the Tor browser bundle because of the browser add-ons, especially NoScript.