Re: moving from stretch to sid

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it enough that I change all references to stretch to sid in
> sources.list and do the dist-upgrade to switch to sid?

This is correcnt.

> Is there anything else I need to watch out for?

Yes:

a) remove the references to security.debian.org. There is no security
   support for Sid.

b) be aware that Sid can and will be broken at times. You should know
   how to boot into rescue mode or how to use a rescue CD/DVD/USB key
   to repair your system, if needed.

c) know your package management tools and how to downgrade packages,
   where to get old packages (snapshot.debian.org), how to hold packages,
   how to reinstall packages.

Grüße,
Sven.

--