Re: Re: Machine freezes after kernel update

Hi there,

I have exactly the same issue with the same kernel-packages. See here:

I use Grub. But it hadn't saved old good kernel versions in the exactly same manner as Miroslav's LILO does. I have no option «Advanced options for Debian GNU/Linux»
in bootloader menu either. And I've never tweaked Grub on the computer,
it's how it works out of the box of standard Debian 7 installation.

So, I probably should restore previous version of kernel from .deb, as described here
(thanks!).

Though, the question is: what exactly caused the problem? Is it some bug in kernel beyond my appreciation or something wrong with my PC (old BIOS, falling apart hardware, weird settings, etc.), which possible lead to more problems in future? And if it is bug,
should we report it somehow?

And what should we do with future upgrades from now?

Best regards,
Dmitry Piyavkin