Re: New webcam problems

On Wednesday 07 October 2015 15:53:31 Sven Arvidsson wrote:

> On Wed, 2015-10-07 at 15:31 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > [1154154.821607] cheese[4139]: segfault at 0 ip 00000000f6b8aba8 sp
> > 00000000ffd1354c error 4 in libc-2.13.so[f6b13000+15e000]
>
> This is probably bug with Cheese and the TV card:

Humm, calculate this then.

I took it out to the milling machines box (wheezy based) gdm window
manager & plugged it in, installed cheese, and it worked straight off,
rather nicely.  So its this machine thats half fubar.  Manual focus, and
can focus to flush with the lens shroud.

But in cheese its max res is 640x480.  No clue what it will do in camview
& friends, which uses the V4l2 interface.  I also have a logitech C920,
and I have seen it do its claimed 1920x12XX, sharp as can be, but a huge
cpu hog to display on an Intel D525MW mainboards onboard video.  Frame
rate about 3/second there.  And its way too big to be mounted where it
needs to go with those wings carrying the stereo mics sticking out.

That is where it will need to work, but will take an extension hub to
reach the mounting point on the mill.  I have  just one that is not in
use, but its a 10 meter long version & all I need is another 1.5 meters.

Thanks Sven.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)