Re: install Debian using qemu - fail

Hi,

S. Findeisen wrote:
> Maybe that's the point? I selected XFCE. Is there anything special I
> have to do to be able to install and use graphical software?

Dunno. I now try with kvm support about 10 times faster and
half the CPU load ... (no, i do not live in the exclave of
Buesingen which had no DST in 1980, and if so i would be angry
about d-i dropping the "e" from the umlaut) ...

So now i choose at "Software selection": "Xfce", "SSH server",
"standard system tools" ... Much more download now. It predicts
5 minutes at nearly 2 MB/s. That's about 500 MB compressed ...
... fifteen minutes later the Redscreen: "Installation step failed".
Last message i saw was "95%" and something about systemd.

I hit <continue> and choose in the menu: "Execute a shell".
Command df reveils that the filesystem "/target" on /dev/sda1
is completely full.

One should mention in the wiki that Desktops which fit not on CD
compressed will not fit on 2 GB disk unpacked.
(But it looks as if it nearly would.)

> The ultimate goal is to run
> the non-free flash player from Adobe in a VM. Is this a safe setup? Is
> this going to work?

My experience with qemu is mainly about headless servers with
login via SSH for software development. So the question whether
it performs well with graphics will have to wait until you
succeeded to install it.

(If somebody has an example of a VirtioSCSI setup for a DVD burner,
 please show.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas