Re: Re: Question about "reportbug" tool and -B / --bts option

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 7:21 PM, vochor <vochor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Riley,
>

> Thanks for your answer.
>
> Obviously, I have already used the manual prior to posting here.
>
> The manual is very short about this option. It only references
> "/etc/reportbug.conf" config file. And this file references 'reportbug --bts
> help' like I said in my first message.
>
> But I don't know yet how to send a bug report to another BTS server
> different than servers recognized for 'reportbug --bts help' (guug, debian,
> ubuntu).
>
> Something like the following command doesn't work:
> $ reportbug --bts="submit@bugs.x2go.org"
> Ignored bogus setting for --bts: submit@bugs.x2go.org
>
> Is there anything that I am overlooking?

I do not know anything about x2go. But I think your best bet for this
type of queries is to look at the source code (especially since you
have not got any replies on your original query).

% apt-get source reportbug
% cd reportbug-6.6.3
% grep -sirn "\-\-bts" *
conf/reportbug.conf:9:# See 'reportbug --bts help' for a current list
of supported BTSes

Let's open this file and see if we can find something interesting.

% gvim conf/reportbug.conf
  8 # BTS to use
  9 # See 'reportbug --bts help' for a current list of supported BTSes
 10 # bts debian

Let's run that command and see what happens.

% reportbug --bts help
Valid bug tracking systems:
 default
 guug
 debian
 ubuntu

The guug is an uncommon word. Let's see how it is defined in the code.

% grep -sirn guug *
reportbug/debbugs.py:760:            'guug' :
reportbug/debbugs.py:761:            { 'name' : 'GUUG (German Unix User Group)',
reportbug/debbugs.py:762:              'email' : '%s@bugs.guug.de',
'query-dpkg' : False },

Aha! So reportbug/debbugs.py has something interesting. Opening that file, I see

 736
 737 # Supported servers
 738 # Theoretically support for GNATS and Jitterbug could be added here.
 739 SYSTEMS = { 'debian' :
 740             { 'name' : 'Debian', 'email': '%s@bugs.debian.org',
 741               'btsroot' : 'http://www.debian.org/Bugs/',
 742               'otherpkgs' : debother,
 743               'nonvirtual' : ['linux-image', 'kernel-image'],
 744               'specials' :
 745                 { 'wnpp': handle_wnpp,
 746                   'ftp.debian.org': handle_debian_ftp,
 747                   'release.debian.org': handle_debian_release },
 748               # Dependency packages
 749               'deppkgs' : ('gcc', 'g++', 'cpp', 'gcj', 'gpc', 'gobjc',
 750                            'chill', 'gij', 'g77', 'python', 'python-base',
 751                            'x-window-system-core', 'x-window-system'),
 752               'cgiroot' : 'http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/',
 753               'infofunc' : debian_infofunc,
 754               },
 755             'ubuntu' :
 756             { 'name' : 'Ubuntu', 'email' : 'ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com',
 757               'type' : 'mailto',
 758               'infofunc' : ubuntu_infofunc,
 759               },
 760             'guug' :
 761             { 'name' : 'GUUG (German Unix User Group)',
 762               'email' : '%s@bugs.guug.de', 'query-dpkg' : False },
 763             }

Jackpot! Now you can try adding a stanza for your server, compile
reportbug and see if it works. If you think this is something other
Debian users would benefit from, file a bug report and send your
patch. If the maintainer likes it, he will include it in the next
versions.

FWIW, I did a similar exercise a while ago to figure out how to open a
konsole with multiple tabs at start up. More details at
http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Open_a_bunch_of_tabs_in_konsole_at_startup

hope that helps
raju
--