Re: No system d after update wheezy -> jessie?

Am 28.09.2015 um 18:36 schrieb Lisi Reisz:
> On Monday 28 September 2015 17:06:55 Michael Biebl wrote:
>> Am 28.09.2015 um 18:04 schrieb Markus Grunwald:
>>> Hello Brian,

>>> I'm the original poster. I did nothing to prevent systemd-sysv being
>>> installed (no pinning, no hold or the like), yet there's no systemd after
>>> my update...
>>
>> Did you use "aptitude upgrade" when upgrading your system from wheezy to
>> jessie?
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=780028
>
> What happens if you do aptitude update, aptitude upgrade, aptitude
> full-upgrade?  Which I would normally do.

As you can read from the bug report, this will install sysvinit-core,
and once sysvinit-core is installed, aptitude full-upgrade won't install
systemd-sysv.

> Yes, I know that I could suck it and see, but this is my workhorse.

Since at least wheezy, apt-get dist-upgrade is the recommended method
for a dist upgrade.

universe are pointed away from Earth?