Re: NVIDIA driver installation on Debian 8.2

Op Mon, 28 Sep 2015 07:12:40 +0200 schreef Liu Gengdai <liugengdai@gmail.com>:

Hi

I'm a debian newbie. I installed latest Debian with xfce on my laptop. I used official DVD-ROM. My graphics card is NV Geforce GT 640M LE. I installed 360.65 driver for my graphics card following the instructions on wiki:
https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers#Debian_8_.22Jessie.22

The installation process went well. But once I created Xorg server configuration file and restarted, I cannot enter xfce. It says there are X-window server errors.

Can you post the output of
journalctl -e _COMM=Xorg
so we can read the errors

If I delete the conf file, I can enter. But nvidia configuration setting reports the driver is not working.

without a xorg.conf file the nvidia driver doesn't work (jet)

Can anybody help me? Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Gengdai

success,

floris