Re: Error message at the login prompt

On 2015-09-27 14:40, Jochen Spieker wrote:
August Karlstrom:

Today when I started my computer running Debian 8.2 the following error
message was displayed at the login prompt (where the user name go):

	macmini login: [ 1615.712744] usb 3-3: 1:1: cannot get freq at ep 0x1

My question is not so much about the error message but rather why such a
message is "allowed" to enter the login prompt. Does anyone know?

That's a kernel message that is apparently considered important enough
to print it on all VTs, irrespective of their current content.

OK, I see. Thanks for the info, Jochen. Still, I think it looks like a mess.

-- August