Re: Gnome metapackage dependencies

No problem at all. I just want to verify my thoughts or share them. I also checkout the project and i am now after it. We will see.

Regards,
Diamantis

On 26.09.2015 20:43, David Wright wrote:
Quoting Karagkiaouris Diamantis (dkaragkiaouris@gmail.com):
i have a simple question which i already reported about gnome
metapackage and gnome-core. Why a simple removal of a text editor
gedit or gnome-music should ruin a fresh installation of Debian
Jessie? I mean after all is that a "marketing" strategy by promoting
a "gnome-ish" application or a couple applications over others? I
just want to use rhythmbox and remove gnome-music without destoying
gnome desktop.
Is there a problem with installing rhythmbox and leaving gedit and
gnome-music where they are?

Cheers,
David.

--