Re: An issue with the Debian installer

Zack wrote:
I do not understand why the installer do not install the desktop
environment (GNOME).
[snip]

First we need to know exactly what CD or DVD you obtained (purchased or downloaded?).

Your problem description reminds me of my first attempts installing Debian.

In one case what I got was the Netinstall version. As I did not have a functional internet connection at the time, I was left with functional, but command line only, minimal system.

The other way I managed to fail was mistakenly ordering the command line version of the live edition.

HTH