Re: installer + iwlwifi firmware

On Thu, September 24, 2015 11:23 pm, tom arnall wrote:
> I am trying to install Debian on a Dell620 with USB stick media. When
> the installer tried to configure the network software, it asked for an
> iwlwifi firmware file.

Unless wifi is the only available network connection, install via Ethernet
and wait until the machine is running with Ethernet before you try to get
wifi working.

Even if proprietary Ethernet firmware is required for full capability, the
Debian installer typically can get Ethernet running sufficiently well to
allow download of proprietary firmware after the reboot at the end of the
installation.

And you had three nearly identical postings to the list.  Just post once,
with the To: address of debian-user@lists.debian.org .

RLH