Re: nfs stale file handle?

On Thursday 24 September 2015 20:24:39 Mike Kupfer wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Wednesday 23 September 2015 07:53:22 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > And I have permanent mounts of that "shop" machine in my
> > > /etc/fstab here this machine "coyote"
>
> [...]
>
> > The other two work normally.  All have identical auto.master
> > files with "/net -hosts" enabled.

This was a slightly erronious statement, 2 of those 4 files had a line:
HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key

and 2 didn't, but only one machine was failing.

> I'm not sure I understand.  Are you saying coyote:/etc/fstab has an
> entry for /net/shop?  If yes, do the other clients also have that
> entry? I can imagine it would interfere with the automounter.

No, the others didn't, if I needed to move something, I had to come in
here and copy it to this machine, and then copy it again to the machine
that needed it.  That was a PIMA.

Yes, that was the only way I could make it work, but that has all been
removed in favor of sshfs. I expect I can remove the nfs stuff now if
the package manager will let me.

Thanks Mike.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)