Re: Boxed W8/W10 PC; must anything be done, first, to enable dual-bootable later?

Andrew M.A. Cater a écrit :
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 11:43:11AM +0100, Ron Leach wrote:
>
>> 4.  Then I'd like to install Debian.  I'd prefer to install Debian Wheezy
>> because we have a very slow internet service and already have the install
>> DVDs for D7.8.  Is Wheezy 7.8 installable on UEFI, or should I use the
>> legacy boot system in the BIOS?
>
> No, don't install Wheezy at all if: Jessie works from the outset with UEFI.

Wheezy works with UEFI too. I'm currently using this combination.
Howerer I observed diplay problems in the installer with some platforms.

> If you boot from Debian install media you can use the partitioning tools in the
> installer to shrink an installed Windows partition. Put the empty space at the end
> of the disk.

It may be safer to shrink a Windows partition from Windows disk
management tool.